Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save signal data

I am using Fgen Function Generator.vi as part of my application to generate signals of varying amplitude and frequency. It works as expected with the AWG NI PXI-5412.

However, I would like to record the signal data in any readable format. For example, I would be happy if my application printed a time-based report after execution like the one in the picture below:

amplitude report2.jpg

Y axis = amplitude, X axis = time

Is it possible to do with any NI-FGEN VIs? Unfortunately, I have not found anything suitable for my task in the NI-FGEN palette.

Any comments are welcome and appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,038 Views)

Hello artkop,

As far as I know there is no way of directly doing this. There might be a way to get this done, however his heavily depends on your setup and requirements. These steps came to my mind:

1. Pre-generate the waveform into a file (not necessarily using the FGEN VIs)
  2. Load the file into memory (FGEn Load Waveform from File etc.)
  3. Send or (if too much data to fit into memory at once) stream this waveform to the AWG hardware to output it.

So it is basically the opposite order of what you asked, but the result is the same.

Keep in mind that streaming has limitations over running the waveform generation fully on the AWG.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,011 Views)

Hello ikaiser,

Unfortunately, in my case it is almost impossible to predict what waveforms will be used during the execution. They are generated automatically based on many factors.

Anyway, it is good to know this is option is unavailable. I will just buy a DAQ device. Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
(3,004 Views)