From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to continuously catch and save waveform with ni 5102

Solved!
Go to solution

one machine generate sine waves at random time . i want to continuously catch and save the waveforms in 10s by NI 5102.

how to do it ? 

many thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,699 Views)

Hi neilshao,

There are examples in LabVIEW>>Help>>Find Examples>>Hardware Input and Output>>Modular Instruments>>NI-SCOPE (High-Speed Digitizers)>>Continuous Acquisition.

You can modify these examples toacquire only 10 seconds to achieve your task.

Regards, Kate

Message 2 of 6
(6,667 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author neilshao

thanks for replay! but these is not one supporting NI .

I record waveform by  this method.

and the new promble is  that the different sample rate , the different waveform length. for example, when i set the sample rate is 4k, the waveform length is 12 sec. if sample rate is 10k, the waveform length is 8 sec. the signal under test 1k,the time constant is 10000.

now , i want to record 10 sec waveform . what is the best relationship between sample rate and the time constant?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,664 Views)

Why don't you just keep data in array, and cut it off when number of samples for 10 secs are received?

Just check that array size is >= sampling rate*10, and do a subarray function on latest 10 secs.

Message 4 of 6
(6,662 Views)

can the Fetch.vi  support ni5102 ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,648 Views)
i try again! thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,646 Views)