Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal processing

How do i ignore the harmonics in the signal? 

I have time Domain signal which I converted in frequency Domain. Before that i used Antialising filter(low pass filter) and then Standard PSD block. In the result i got harmonics of the generated frequency as well as some unnecessary frequency even when I generate different frequency. 

So i want only the generated frequency in the signal. I need to ignore it's harmonics. 

How do I ignore Harmonics? Is there any standard block Or any solution? 

Please help me. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,193 Views)

The DFT (FFT)  will convert your time domain signal into a frequency domain representation... with all the information buried in the time domain signal ... wanted or not 😄

If you only want the known(!) generated signals (I assume one ore more sines), why don't you try tone detection?

Or sine approximation?

What do you want to measure? (Transferfunctions?)

Some sample data would be nice 🙂

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,177 Views)

I don't understand what you are doing :

Before that i used Antialising filter(low pass filter) and then Standard PSD block.

Usually antialiasing comes after PSD (if PSD stands for phase sensitive detection here).  Then since the PSD will shift the spectrum to low (or zero) frequency the antialiasing cutoff can be easily set low enough to filter all harmonics of the baseband signal.  

Unless I'm completely mistaken about the purpose of the thing you're describing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,159 Views)

Maybe just turn dB off ... aaaand the harmonics looks muuuuch nicer ... 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,127 Views)