Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLSC Workflows?

Hello,

Is there a full-featured SLSC workflow on desktop Linux without LabVIEW?

There's a [supplemental doc] that states, "Starting from the 18.0 release, NI-SLSC creates a web server on the SLSC chassis and provides a web API...supports various platforms, such as Linux and OS X, and different programming languages, such as...Python..."

Given that, one might think SLSC supports Linux and Python, but what does "support" really mean?

One's unable to read much about the [18.0 release] because, "NI did not create this content for this release," and subsequent release notes don't contain information about the web server.  The [latest] SLSC driver readme appears to be down, and while the 21.3 [readme] states NI Linux RT is a [supported OS], the NI HW/OS compatibility [page] contradicts the readme as of 2022 Aug 19.

So back to "what does support really mean?"  Let's start at the beginning - discovering the chassis.  The SLSC Help contains a [Discovering the SLSC Chassis in MAX] topic, but the API reference seems to pick up with [initializeSession].  I don't see a web method analogous to [DAQmx] nidaqmxconfig --find-net-devs.

If the SLSC chassis was able to [register with DNS], I might be able to use the web API, assuming I didn't need to update firmware, our testers are on isolated networks.  Without MAX, the SLSC's [web interface] requires Silverlight to configure the network, security, update firmware, etc.

From my POV, it appears SLSC does not support Linux and Python without some help from Windows - at least initially.  Let's assume I can clear those initial hurdles, what else is lurking?  What does NI mean when it lists SLSC's [supported operating systems] as Windows only, and SLSC's [application] support as LabVIEW only?  What exactly and entirely can I expect to have and not from the SLSC workflow on desktop Linux with Python?

Thank you,

Steve K

Message 1 of 1
(1,076 Views)