Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRIO-9651 FPGA IO Voltage Levels

Howdy!

I am currently using a NI-SOM sbRIO-9651 with a custom carrier card. The SOM is running NI CompactRIO 17.0. I'm using LabVIEW 2017 SP1 on Windows 10. Occasionally, the NI-SOM will restart during operation (running from the project explorer or from a deployed build). The restarts seem to be related to a PWM signal I am controlling that is used to activate an H-bridge that powers a device. I am trying to narrow down the cause of the restarts. Looking at the OEM device specifications, for LVTTL the input high voltage min and max is 2.00 and 3.45V, respectively. What happens if the FPGA I/O voltage level exceeds 3.45V? Can this potentially cause a restart of the RIO? I'd appreciate any information.

Thank you,

Alex M.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,032 Views)

Hi Alex,

There should be some protection there for the input high voltage, are your signals exceeding 3.45V?

Cici 

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,001 Views)

Do you know what the protection limits are? We are using all of the FPGA I/O pins. I am not aware if any of the signals are exceeding 3.45V but I am suspicious because of the restarts that I'm seeing. I wanted to narrow down the possible source of the problem. What could potentially cause the SOM to restart mid-operation? I'd appreciate any more information that you have.

Thank you,

Alex M.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,993 Views)