cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRIO-9626 driver

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody,

I want to simulate my program on the host PC before buying the sbRIO-9626, in order to being sure about sufficient space on FPGA needed for my program.

But when I want to create a new FPGA VI under "My Computer", fisrt of all, there is no "Target and Devices..." in the "New" menu bar(below picture):

FPGA.png

Then after selecting New.... below windows appear :

New.PNG

FPGA VI.PNG

But I can not create a new FPGA VI. I guess that the source of problem is that I've not installing the driver of this board, am I right?

If yes, would you please give me the driver of the sbRIO-9626? (I wanted to download the driver from    http://www.ni.com/download/ni-rio-12.1/3769/en/   but it's near 2,5 GB, which I guess is for all of the NI boards, Is there any smaller driver for only this board?)

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,384 Views)

Hi Loghmani,

The only trick you are missing is you need to add an RT Single-Board RIO target to the project before you can add the associated FPGA target.  To add the RT target, you need to right-click one level higher in the project on "Project: Untitled Project 1" and select New >> Targets and Devices....

After you add the RT target to the project, you can right-click on the 'chassis' beneath the RT target and add the FPGA target.  From that point you can create a new VI and test if your compile will fit on that target.

Regards,

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,382 Views)

Dear Spex,

I tried to do what you suggested, but there are no devices to add. What is your opinion?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,348 Views)

Hi Loghmani,

Perhaps we also have a problem with missing SW in addition to the missed right-click.  You will need the following set of SW components installed (in the order listed, and each with the same version number, ie 2012.1/12.1):

LabVIEW for Windows

LabVIEW Real-Time Module

LabVIEW FPGA Module (including the optional compile tools for Xilinx 6 Series FPGAs)

NI-RIO

Do you have a DVD set that includes the NI Device Drivers compatible with your version of LabVIEW? If you don't have a driver DVD, we unfortunately don't  have a smaller download with specific support for the sbRIO-9626.

You can confirm the entire suite of NI software you have installed by opening Measurement & Automation Explorer and expanding the Software heading under the My Computer target in the left hand navigation window. In that list, you need to confirm you have the SW packages above installed.

Regards,

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,341 Views)

Hi Spex,

I downloaded NI-Driver from ni website(http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3959) and installed it, but unfortunately it is a 2012 version while my Labview&FPGA&Real Time module version is 2013. Here is the software on my PC.

Capture.PNG

So still I have problem in my Labview 2013 with simulating FGPA VIs on host PC. Because when I want to add a new target, there is no new target on my PC:

Capture1.PNG

What is your opinion?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,220 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author loghmani

I installed NI-Driver 2013. The problem solved.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,154 Views)