From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview hangs if deploymet target is not found

hi, sometimes i have a problem with connecting to my 9074 if the ip address has changed. From the project i choose 'connect' and instead of timing out labview goes non responsive and i have to kill it. I dont understand why labview does not just fail gracefully after a reasonable timeout. Has anyone else experienced this? It happens with both static and dhcp settings. Thanks in advance Michael.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,716 Views)

Hello Michael,

The freeze that you describe is not expected behaviour. How long does it stay unresponsive? I have noticed that on Windows Vista machines the window says it is not responding and takes a while to snap out of it, however if you are patient it will come back. If you are lucky enough to not be using Windows Vista though, then I would think that there is some corruption in your installations, and finding this is no easy task to undertake.

I would start by reinstalling the RIO drivers (possibly download the latest version as well while I am at it), then if this doesn't help I would use the LabVIEW disc to Repair the installation.

Try these out and let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Michael S.
Applications Engineer
NI UK & Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,705 Views)