Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9025 is not recognized in MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

I have the cRIO-9025 controller connected directly to the computer, but it is not recognized in MAX. 

I have tried to add it manually with the IP address, but that does not work either.

I have disabled most of virus protection software and added exceptions to the firewall for the NI software. 

I am running MAX Version 5.0.0f1

cRIO-9025 with

• NI 9205
  • NI 9208
  • NI 9214 (x2)
  • NI 9401
  • NI 9411
  • NI 9485
  • NI 9512

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,373 Views)

Hello,

Can you check that you have NI RIO installed on the computer (PC) that you are trying to detect the system with. If NI RIO is not installed then you will not be able to detect cRIO controllers. You will want to match the version of NI RIO and LV installed. Also can you follow these troubleshooting steps and post back if these steps didn't help you resolve the issues?

Regards,
Andrew

National Instruments
RIO Embedded Hardware PSE

CompactRIO Developers Guide
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(7,372 Views)

Installed software

• 2009 Labview
  • 2009 Labview FPGA module
  • 2009 Labview Real-Time Module
  • NI-RIO 4.0

I tried all but one of the trouble shooting steps and nothing worked.  I was not able to temporarily disable the firewall settings.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,365 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MechEngineer

What kind of network are you on? Is this a University Computer (I am trying to understand why you can't change firewall settings)? Can you add Measurement and Automation Explorer as an exception? Can you add UDP 44525 as an exception? Another thing you can do to really tell if this is a firewall issue is to try another computer with a different firewall setup (but with the same RIO driver ) to see if the cRIO is detected there. This sounds like, from my experience that something is preventing MAX from communicating to your target. Does your cRIO have an IP address? If so have you tried pinging it through Command Prompt. To get the IP address (so that you can ping it) you can use console out built into the cRIO.

MAX Firewall.png

National Instruments

Message 4 of 11
(7,360 Views)

The console out option worked.  Is this something I'll have to do each time I try and connect or will it remember it from now on?

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,356 Views)

I am confused what you mean by "The console out option worked". Do you mean that after you turned the console out switch to the on position you can now see your system in MAX? If so, you can switch it back to the off position and continue to see your system in MAX? You may also want to reboot a few more times as well to make sure the change is persistent.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,352 Views)

I connected the system through a null cable and turned the console out switch to on and I was able to read the IP address.  I then went back into MAX and entered the IP address and it recognized the hardware. 

I was able to disconnect the cable and restart both MAX and the cRIO and it maintained the connection, so everything seems to work.

Thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,348 Views)

That likely means that your host computer is on a different subnet than the cRIO since MAX can only auto-detect targets on the same subnet.  What's likely happening in your siutation is that both the cRIO and your host computer are getting link-local IP addresses but they are on different subnets.  What I would recommend is to set static IP addresses for both following the directions in the Getting Started section of our website (http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/setuphardware/compactrio/staticip.htm).  This way both systems will be on the same subnet and you shouldn't have to use console out to find the IP address of the cRIO.

Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,245 Views)

While I would still recommend setting a static IP address for your computer and target when connecting them directly, I take back my statement about the link local addresses being on different subnets; after further investigation I don't think that will have any effect.  If you can provide some information on what IP addresses your host PC and target are being assigned, we might be able to help explain it.  Do you have more than one NIC in the host PC?

Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,175 Views)

the remote system tree is not have any sub tree. MAX is not detecting the CRIO 9025. please help

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,620 Views)