From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real time

hi guys, I wish to share 1 problem, I got 1 embedded PC, and once i downloaded the labview vi into the embedded PC by using the desktop, the VI will run in the embedded PC and the desktop will show the results. If i stop the the VI on the desktop, does it mean that the program in the embedded PC also stops or it will still runs?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,652 Views)
Hello,

In order to answer this question I will need you to clarify a few points for me.  From what I've read, I understand you have a PC deployed as a Real-Time target.  Is this correct? 

If this is correct, I understand you deployed an application to this target from your Host PC.  If your question is: "Will stopping the application on the host also stop the application on the target?"

The answer is yes, the program will stop.

-Bob
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,641 Views)
sorry for the doubts, I wish to clear it again.
Firstly I got 1 embedded PC and 1 desktop. By using the desktop I open a sample vi using Realtime labview and downloaded the sample program into the embedded PC. Once the program is downloaded into the embedded PC, will it will run the program itself on the embedded PC???(1st question)
Next if i stop the program on the desktop, will it affect the program inside the embedded PC and cause it to stop too? (2nd question)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,636 Views)
To clarify, if you are deploying a VI to a Real-Time target there will be two cases:

1) Disconnect and Quit
  • You deploy your VI to a target and disconnect from that target, then quit LabVIEW.  This can be accomplished by right-clicking on the target from the Project Explorer and choosing to disconnect.  This will leave the VI running on the target.
2) Abort and Quit
  • You deploy your VI to a target and abort execution, then quit LabVIEW.  This will abort the VI from running on the target.
With an executable, deploying the executable to a Real-Time target does not give you front-panel control of the application unless you are using Remote Front Panels so these two 'rules of thumb' do not necessarily apply.

Some KnowledgeBase entries to help answer your questions are:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/464F3407A6D48627862570FC0001CD35?OpenDocument

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C5FEDC1238D5F1F862570C1005A5692?OpenDocument

-Bob
Message 4 of 6
(3,627 Views)

thanks... I have try the disconnect method and it works.

But now i got a problem, when i reboot the embedded PC and boot it up again , the program initally inside the embedded PC will not run.

May I know how to let the program run again itself whenever i reboot the embedded PC?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,570 Views)
In order to run the program upon startup, you will need to set the VI as the startup VI and re-deploy your application.  The following KnowledgeBase describes how to do this:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CD3C7A3F58CBBAAA862570F8007D8D06?OpenDocument

Let me know if this gives you any trouble.

-Bob
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,562 Views)