Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I set up Compact RIO-Time Controller cRIO-9004 with chassis CRIO-9104 and C Series NI 9476

Hi everyone,

I am new to NI Labview. I had problems to set up cRIO-9004, cRIO-9104 and C series NI 9476 work together?

I have spent a lot of time to find and follow instruction on NI Website and manual. I could not find and resources.

Here is where I got it to work so far: 

I got my PC communicate to the cRIO-9004 controller. I verified if by ping. I created a new project on Labview and I added the cRIO-9004 controller to the project, but on Labview under the controller, it did not find any chassis or C Series 9476. 

Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,890 Views)

Have you tried NI MAX to check connectivity, or is it just a LabVIEW project that you can't find it ?

Its an older device, so check what versions of LabVIEW you are using and the installed firmware (NI-RIO) are compatabile with each other:

https://www.ni.com/en-gb/support/documentation/compatibility/17/ni-rio-and-labview-version-compatibi...

You may need to upgrade the NI-RIO installed on the cRIO

There are plent of issues with comms to cRIO via ethernet and things that you should check - e.g. static or DHCP IP addresses - that very much depend on what type of networkin you are trying to get it to work in But most of the configurable stuff if accessible via MAX. Search the forum for other post of networking problems and I am sure there will be some with a checklist.

Consultant Control Engineer
www-isc-ltd.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,840 Views)

Thank you for your input. 

Yes,  I have tried NI MAX to check connectivity. Both NI MAX and Labview found only the cRIO-9004 controller, and they didn't find the chassis and I/O C series. According to NI website, softwares I installed are compatible. What I am not sure is if I need to do configuration  between the controller and chassis. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,834 Views)

OK. Generally out of the box there isn't anything to configure with the chassis or the c-series card, so it should just appear since you can see the 9004 controller. MAX used to be a bit temperamental with older devices, so do refresh of device list, power cylcing and re-starting MAX to see if you can eventually get visibility. Given it is a an older device, do you know what it was used on before (e.g. was it working ok the last time it was used?). Have you got another chassis to try with the controller, or just a different system in which to check the c-series module. It might be that the chassis is faulty, and you may need to contact NI direcly to see how you can diagnose that.

Consultant Control Engineer
www-isc-ltd.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,829 Views)

I have tried refresh and reinstall software many time, but it still doesn't work. My company told my that the controller used to work before. I will find another chassis to test it. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,794 Views)