Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to create FPGA I/O for NI 9870

HI

I have a crio 9014 with NI 9870 serial module and I am not able to access the I/O ports in my FPGA vi. I understand that to access I/O ports in the FPGA vi, you need to create FPGA I/Os first but I am not able to do that. And the module doesnot have a virtual folder when i try to discover the modules in the project explorer window. 

THe attached pictures might explain the problem better. Can someone please help me with these issues ?

I have Labview 8.5.1,

Rio  3.0.1,

9870 driver.

Thanks

Tamanna 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,925 Views)

Hi

I figured out that from the help files that NI 9870 does not support FPGA i/o . i think i l try and look at the examples to understand how to talk to the module.

Thanks

Tamanna 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,916 Views)

Hi Tamanna,

The 9870 is a serial module for the cRIO. you can read and write serial data using its ports--not regular analog or digital connection data. 

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,901 Views)

How?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,033 Views)

Hi,

To read/write data from/to the serial ports on the 9870, you will use an I/O method on your FPGA block diagram. For an example on how you would do this, go to the example finder and search for "9870." One of the examples is called NI-987x Serial Loopback.lvproj. That should be a good starting point.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,011 Views)