Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when I deploy Aixs Using NI9514 C Series Modules and AKD Servo Drives

Hi everyone,

I'm learning recently how to bring a servo motor into working but got stuck at the very beginning. I followed the tutorial http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375516e.pdf and when I clicked deploy all (in page 19) this message appears "NI SoftMotion: The specified device was not detected" and the deployment completed with errors. And as a result I can't find any device in the motor control software(not very sure if there is any relationship). What can be the problem and how should I fix this? Any reply is appreciatedSmiley Wink!

Best Regards

ZeSuli

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,294 Views)

Hi ZeSuli,

Make sure run the FPGA VI before deploying(every deploying (either modifying or re-opening Project), manually execute the FPGA VI and then Deploy). Have you tried to follow this KnowledgeBase?

Did you have any issues with the modules itself, I mean did you add them correctly to the project? 

Please take a look at the software requirements

Best,

Andrzej

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,272 Views)

Hi Andrzej,

Thank you for your reply! I'm not using any FPGA for now, so there is nothing in the project now. I guess I'm doing initializing steps before everything can work and such error appears. And the module is added to the project. Not sure if I correctly get your point. Oh another thing is that after the first failed deployment today I tried again and a conflict message appears "At least one deployed item is no longer in the project". I can choose to unploy all missing items or not but both options lead to the same error I metioned above.  So I'm getting even more confused.

Capture conflict message.PNGCapture project explorer.PNG

Best Regards

ZeSuli

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,268 Views)

Hi ZeSuli,

I also tried to run this NI 9514 with cRIO and I received the Axis Error. I think the problem is related to the software itself. Every single piece of software should have exactly the same no, I mean: NI RIO, NI Industrial comms for EtherCAT, NI RT, NI FPGA, LabVIEW == 18 In the manual you've sent there is also a note that you need to install the NI Scan Engine support while installing NI Soft Motion Module.

Check the compatibilities, and try to run the simplest project possible: only crio and 9514, single axis and check the status LED on the module.

I will also try to do this but downgrading the software may take some time.

Edit:

In a meanwhile, I've found this document: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53594/en/ your cRIO is not listed here, so it seems that it may be not compatible with NI Soft Motion.

Best,

Andrzej

Message 4 of 5
(2,253 Views)

Hi ZeSuli,

we will solve this issue, but it may take some time. I need to get the driver and PSU for my 9514 module. In the office, we have a lot of cRIO so I will be able to test, unfortunately at the beginning of the next week.

Best,

Andrzej

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,243 Views)