Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not find RT module in installation list for LV2009

Solved!
Go to solution
Updating from 8.6.1 to LabVIEW 2009, August release.  LabVIEW 9.0 and most modules installed well.  I can not find cRIO RT module in the install list.  MAX reports that I have NI-RIO 3.0.0 w/SE support installed on the target, but the LV real time 9.0 option is missing LV RT 1.0.0.3, VxW 6.0, LV RT 9.0, LV RT VxW 9.0 and Base System 9.0.  When I pick the LV RT Deployment Option, it fails install.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,956 Views)

What version of NI-RIO are you using? If you haven't do so, install the latest version of NI-RIO. And, if you have, I would recommend reinstalling it.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,953 Views)
Version 3.0.0 of NI-RIO is installed and runs well under 8.6.1, but will not even connect with 9.0.  As I wait for the downloader to finish, it would have been nice if it was on one of the six DVDs that were in the box..., I will let you know how it turns out.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,946 Views)
Well, if you look at the Description of NI-RIO 3.0 (click on the link that I have mentioned above and choose that driver), you will notice that 3.0 doesn't support 2009. You will NEED to install the latest driver; it should be there on the Driver CD that you got with the pack.
Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,940 Views)
I agree, and thanks for the tip to look on the driver disk, the 3.2.0 version was there.  The downloader stalled while I was installing it, but I am still going to be missing the host side RT development piece for the cRIO-9012 controller, ie., the cRIO RT clock icon doesn't show up on the start screen with the FPGA chip and embedded ARM board icons.  There is no R-T project or R-T.vi selection in the create new list either.  Maybe this is why it wouldn't pick up the driver the first time I tried to install.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,930 Views)
You need to install the RT Module for LV 2009. That should be included in the disks as well. The order always is: LabVIEW -> Modules -> Drivers.
Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,924 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sculptor

Yes, but just to be clear, the RT module would not install, so I was looking for a seperate RT module for the cRIO because the installation instructions were referring to one under an embedded folder. 

The real problem, solved now, is the RT module would not install until I manually uninstalled the old NI Serial and then installed the new one with LabVIEW 2009.  During the first attempt to install LabVIEW 2009, the package configuator detected the old NI Serial and told me that it could not install the new NI Serial until I uninstalled the old, but gave me the option to defer this step, which I did.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,902 Views)