RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless link example

Hi,

I was looking for a Labview example of how to establish a wireless link between two PXI boxes.  One with a NI 5660 as a receiver and one with a NI 5670 as a transmitter.  I wish to read in a text file, convert it to bits, modulate and then transmit from one PXI box wirelessly to another PXI and recover the file.  It doesn't have to adhere to any specific standard such as 802.11 and any sort of modulation such as QAM or PAM will do.  Has anything like this been done?

Thanks,
Carl
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,423 Views)

Good morning Carl,

Thanks for contacting National Instruments, we'll try and get you up and running as quickly and efficiently as possible.

There is no existing example of what you're trying to accomplish in your application.  However we can probably get something going with the existing available examples without having to do too much work.  We were able to get file transfer from the RFSG to the RFSA using the QAM shipping examples, but only if the devices were on the same chassis and sharing the reference clock.  I am investigating the easiest way to do this and how to overcome the associated challenges of phase continuity if we were to do FSK, phase relationship if we were to do QAM etc.  As soon as I have any information I will definitely post a follow-up.

Sincerely,

Minh Tran

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,399 Views)

Hello Minh,

Thank you for looking into my problem.

While you are working on the problem of phase synching the signal in to seperate chassis, could I get a copy of the modified QAM example that you used to transfer a file from a RFSG to a RFSA in the same chassis?  Looking over that could would help me get up to speed in understanding the code modifications.  Please keep me updated with any progress.

Thanks again,
Carl

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,394 Views)
There was no response since March 16, 2006. I was wondering if such example exists today. 😃

- Andrey
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,625 Views)
Hi Andrey -

I apolgize for Minh's lack of response.  He's no longer working on web support, so I won't be able to follow up on his work. Smiley Sad

While the exact set of programs requested by the original poster may not exist, there are several example programs that ship with the Modulation Toolkit that can help.  Many of them exist in Mod/Demod pairs, and you can run whichever program necessary on each system.  Their names all start with "MT RFSA" or "MT RFSG", so they're easy to find.  For instance, you could use the MT RFSG Generate QAM and MT RFSA QAM Demod pair.
David Staab, CLA
Staff Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,611 Views)