From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream 5644R acquired data to NI 8260 Raid Device

Hello,
While acquiring data on my 5644R I want to offload the data immediately to my NI 8260 Raid device as to not fill up the buffer on my 5644R. Are there similair LabView examples for doing this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,368 Views)

Hello itoma054!

We have an article that describes how to stream data from RF devices.  It uses a producer/conumer architecture to stream to disk.

Hope this helps!

Casey L.

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,333 Views)

This example is probably the best starting point:

NI Streaming Host Example

vipm://national_instruments_lib_ni_streaming_host_example_for_the_ni_pxie_5644r?repo_url=http://ftp.ni.com/evaluation/labview/lvtn/vipm

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,322 Views)

Hello Casey,

I am familiar with the producer/consumer architecture, and have implemented such an architecture for my data streaming off of my VST NI PXIe-5664R to my NI 8260 Raid device. My struggle is that I am completely failing to reach the expected performance speed of 200 MB/s when streaming. The average disk writting rate I am obtaining is only 25 MB/s.

My controller is an NI PXIe-8105 operating 32-bit Windows Vista, in an NI PXIe-1075 chassis. Some of my research has suggested that certain slots in the NI PXIe-1075 chassis are more preferable than others when trying the stream from one device to another, but have struggled to determine the best combination for my setup.

My NI 8260 Raid device has 4 232.89 GB HDD drives and has been formatted for "stripped". My only other options were "spanned" and "mirrored", but I am sure "stripped" is the option that I want.

I would really appreciate some guidance on this manner,

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,197 Views)

Hello Ian!

Looking into it more, one reason you may not be able to reach the 200 MB/s steaming rate is due to your chassis configuration, as you mentioned.  The PXIe-1075 chassis has multiple switches on the backplane that could be throttling the throughput.

Moving forward, I would suggest creating a Service Request through the Service Request Manager in your NI account.  This way, you can work with an Applications Engineer and troubleshoot the chassis configuration and help to figure out why you are unable to reach the performance you expect.

I hope this helps!

Casey L.

Applicaitons Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,187 Views)