RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single shot measurement

Hello, everyone

I'm using the PXie 5673E and PXie 5663E in the same chassis. What I want to do is making a single Gaussian pulse  by 5673E and being demodulated by 5663E. In my single shot program, I tried to use waveform Repeat Count of the niRFSG property node to perform a single Gaussian pulse. I'm not  sure if it  just creates a waveform,and also I found that it needs about 450 times to observe pulses in the IQ graph.

My question:  Is this the correct way to generate a single waveform? If this is the correct way, I think the reason I can not find a single pulse is because RFSG and RFSA don't synchronize which means they don't have same trigger to start processing. If so, will the TCLK help to synchronize them? Does there any example describe how to use TCLK?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,633 Views)

Hi!

I executed your VI but I don't understand what you want.

Please describe detail as possible as you can.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,579 Views)

Thanks! I'd solved my problem by using digital trigger to synchronize two devices.

Sorry, I have a problem about the power level. I find that when I set the RFSG power level  -30dbm, the RFSA shows that it is about -60dbm. Does this problem come from the program or my devices? Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,554 Views)

Hi!

The difference of 30dB can occur either HW or SW.

The first case is when a 30dB Attenuator is installed.

The second case is when you change the value of the Gain or Attenuation property in the SG or SA. Make sure that you are in either of these two cases.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,544 Views)