RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "Function or method not supported." when using RF List Mode on NI 5673E

Hi,

I am trying to use the RF List Mode in NI RFSG 5673E. I tried running the sample code "RFSG Configuration List Frequency and Power Sweep.vi" but an error would show up:

"Error: niRFSGCreateConfigurationList.VI <ERR> The LO reported the following error: Function or method not supported." with the error code: BFFA4239

I also tried running other sample codes that contain the Configuration List VI's but the same error appeared. I am using NI RFSG 1.8.5.

I would really appreciate any help on this. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,477 Views)

Hello jdlabrador,

I setup a 5673E here and tried to run the same example.  I did not encounter an error.

Other reports I've found pertaining to this error usually involved a large number of steps - there was not enough space on the hardware to accommodate them.  The error text you're seeing is a little different in that it states that the Create Configuration List method isn't supported for the LO.

Do each of the modules in your 5673E (5450, 5611, 5652) pass a self-test in MAX?  

Have you associated the 5450 and 5652 with the 5611?

Could you post a screenshot of the fully-expanded Devices and Interfaces tree from MAX?

Since RFSG 1.9.5 is available, it may be a good first-step to upgrade to it.  

Best regards,

Matthew H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,435 Views)

Hello,

Can you tell us what revisions (revs) of the individual modules that you have in the 5673E? I am most curious about the revs of the Arb and the LO. If you can provide us with serial numbers we can easily look up the revs.

Best Regards,

Jignesh

RF and Baseband PSE

Best Regards,
Jignesh Patel
Principal RF Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,416 Views)

Older versions of the 5652 hardware do not support list mode.

If you have a PXIe-5652 with a "REF OUT2" connector, it should support list mode.  If not (your module has a "REF IN/OUT" connector, but not the second "REF OUT2" connector), you likely have an older 5652 that does not support list mode.

It may be useful for Jignesh to still double-check for you, but this is a quick check for others that my stumble onto this same post.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,352 Views)