From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming faster with Leap motion and quickdrop for LabVIEW

Hello,

I want to share this idea with you. It is just a proof a personal proof of concept.

I hope you will enjoy.

Regards.

Samuel G. | GEMESIS

Certified LabVIEW Architect

Certified TestStand Developer

GEMESIS.EU

Message 1 of 7
(6,871 Views)

It looks really fancy - I need a Leap

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,831 Views)

Combine this with LVSpeak and then you'll have it all.

I say this as a little tongue in cheek as I've been contemplating the usage of the leap for LV Development for a long time.

Although the use of it being novel. I can't quite find a set of commands that this will speed up faster than just using the QDKS.

Because the common stance of a LV programmer is 1 hand on mouse, other on keyboard; it would be necessary to remove their hand from that peripheral, raise it up to a workable level above the leapmotion, make the motion and then return their hand/hands to keyboard and mouse.

Did you have any thoughts along these lines?

@LoCa I would say don't get it for LV just yet, but it's got a bunch of other apps that it's very well suited for.

The absolute best usage I've seen it for, has been doing navigation inside of Google Earth.

Hands down, doing 3d navigation using this device is so very fluid.

Sadly, our diagrams are still not 3d    

Message 3 of 7
(4,831 Views)

I have a Logitech G600 mouse (http://gaming.logitech.com/en-gb/product/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse) and I have programmed various buttons to macros to drop case structures, for loops, create indicators etc

http://youtu.be/GeHa6IjtcI8

Message 4 of 7
(4,831 Views)

Hello everyone,

Thanks for watching the video.

@ NJKircher : Exactly if you add lv speak it will be very interesting. As you said, I 'm not sure it's worth buying a leap motion just for labVIEW programming and as you said when you program on LV you need your hand to write.

I do not know if I will continue to use it for programming. Actually, I think that in a lot of leap application developers tried to use it as main device to interact and forgets the usability.

But for now I think it could be useful for little feature.

I agree about the 3D.

@Richard_Ha : this a very good idea

Samuel G. | GEMESIS

Certified LabVIEW Architect

Certified TestStand Developer

GEMESIS.EU

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,831 Views)

Pioneering effort, very interesting.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 6 of 7
(4,831 Views)

sweet

Flo

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,831 Views)