Python and NI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nifgen problems with python

Hello, I am a new developer of NI. I met an error when I used niFgen module of python to generate a square waveform.

The error showed me:"nifgen.errors.DriverError: -1074134944: IVI: (Hex 0xBFFA0060) Insufficient location information or resource not present in the system." 

I have installed niFgen module, nidaqmx module and NI-Fgen runtime. The device is usb-6211, my platform is win10, and using vscode editor.

The error details shows in the picture. I want to fix this problem,

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,686 Views)

The screenshot and error details

my code:

import nifgen
import time
with nifgen.Session("Dev1") as session:
    session.output_mode = nifgen.OutputMode.FUNC
    session.configure_standard_waveform(waveform=nifgen.Waveform.SINE, amplitude=1.0, frequency=10000000, dc_offset=0.0, start_phase=0.0)
    with session.initiate():
        time.sleep(5)

errors:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\mnicd\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
File "C:\Users\mnicd\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\runpy.py", line 86, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "c:\Users\mnicd\.vscode\extensions\ms-python.python-2021.3.680753044\pythonFiles\lib\python\debugpy\__main__.py", line 45, in <module>
cli.main()
File "c:\Users\mnicd\.vscode\extensions\ms-python.python-2021.3.680753044\pythonFiles\lib\python\debugpy/..\debugpy\server\cli.py", line 444, in main
run()
File "c:\Users\mnicd\.vscode\extensions\ms-python.python-2021.3.680753044\pythonFiles\lib\python\debugpy/..\debugpy\server\cli.py", line 285, in run_file
runpy.run_path(target_as_str, run_name=compat.force_str("__main__"))
File "C:\Users\mnicd\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\runpy.py", line 263, in run_path
return _run_module_code(code, init_globals, run_name,
File "C:\Users\mnicd\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\runpy.py", line 96, in _run_module_code
_run_code(code, mod_globals, init_globals,
File "C:\Users\mnicd\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\runpy.py", line 86, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "c:\Users\mnicd\Documents\CellDetectionSystem\NITestcase\testcase.py", line 3, in <module>
with nifgen.Session("Dev1") as session:
File "C:\Users\mnicd\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\nifgen\session.py", line 3067, in __init__
self._vi = self._initialize_with_channels(resource_name, channel_name, reset_device, options)
File "C:\Users\mnicd\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\nifgen\session.py", line 4092, in _initialize_with_channels
errors.handle_error(self, error_code, ignore_warnings=False, is_error_handling=False)
File "C:\Users\mnicd\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\nifgen\errors.py", line 95, in handle_error
raise DriverError(code, description)
nifgen.errors.DriverError: -1074134944: IVI: (Hex 0xBFFA0060) Insufficient location information or resource not present in the system.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,676 Views)