Power Electronics Development Center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The feedback node is not working and error message appears type not supported in the current targe

I am developing an estimation technique on cRIO-9024 which will enable me from controlling a converter without using sensors. I used some feed nodes in simple while loops however the model can not be compiled because of many error messages that state the same text which is:

wire: type not supported in the current target

Can you help me in fixing this error

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,699 Views)

Hi there. Double precision floating point numbers are not a supported data type in LabVIEW FPGA. Simply right-click on each of the initialization constants (0) and go to Representation. Then change the data type to SGL (single precision).

Also be aware that the relative loop rates of the upper and lower while loops will determine whether the switch state values are read correctly. Consider reading the digital inputs in the loop containing the "Y est" and "den" calculations to ensure proper coordination in time (i.e. simultaneous sampling of the switch state true/false values).

Another way to ensure time synchronization in LabVIEW FPGA is to use a cluster- which ensures that all values in the cluster are synchronously updated (on the same clock tick). However, in that case you need to measure the loop rates and ensure that the relative loop rates are executing as you expect and intend.

Or you might want to use a single cycle timed loop (SCTL) to read the digital inputs, which adds a timing constraint to the LabVIEW FPGA compiler which ensures that the entire contents of the SCTL are executed in a single clock tick at the defined clock rate.

I also noticed you are initializing W5, W6, W7, W8 to a single precision value of 0.009999999776483. However, these indicator registers are configured as 16-bit signed integers (I16's). Therefore, they will be initialized to 0.

Finally, by using a sequence structure you are ensuring that the sampling of the analog inputs does not begin until the digital input sampling loop has stopped (as a result of asserting the "stop 3" Boolean control). Is this your intention?

By the way, you posted this as a Blog post which does not allow Replies. So, I'm adding a comment. Adding your posts as a Discussion might be better.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,043 Views)