From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i cannot install NI measurement pallete in Labview8 , how can I do this plz help

I have tried installing the NI measuremtn pallette which contains data aquisation , ni funtion generator, NI scope and other things. I used the same driver cd to install it in Labview 7.1 but it is not installing in lab view 8, even I used the Modify funtion in Add/Remove programs,.

One more thing I want to ask is on my PC labview 7.1 and labview 8 are running in Parallel, could this be the problem, and is it ok to run both of these programs in parallel.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,013 Views)
Hi,

If you used the LV7 cd it will not be installed in the LV8 dirs and not show up in the LV8 menu's

I have LV7 and 8 running on my PC, no problem. I installed the NI measurement from the LV8 cd
Message 2 of 4
(3,010 Views)
Thank u Mr.KC , u have been a great help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,005 Views)
Also if you for some reason need the older drivers

You can copy the driver menu palletes from C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\instr.lib to C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.0\instr.lib. Restart LabVIEW and they will appear in the palette.

Buddy Curtis
Applications Engineer
Modular Instruments
Joji
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,995 Views)