PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portable embedded system

Hello,

I have configured an NI 8 slots PXI with NI MKD-117, NI Vector Signal Generator, NI Signal Analyzer, NI Digitizer and micro controller to integrade a portable Embedded system. I am looking for a portable rack in which I can combine and 8 slot PXI and NI MKD-1117. Please advice me its urgent.

Best Regards,

Vicky
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,935 Views)
Vicky,

Can you give me a bit more information on what you would like to do with your system? Such as, what PXI chassis are you currently using? What will be controlling the PXI chassis?

Thank you very much.
Sarah S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,920 Views)

I am using NI-PXIe-1062Q Chassis. Basically I want to build a portable RF Application development Platform. I hav already mentioned that I am using RF bundle for this purpose. Basically I have offered a system in competetion with N5182A MXG Vector Signal Generator to my client. I also want to give them option for mobility for that purpose i want to give them a bettery option. I hope that gives you some idea what i am looking for.

Thanks. Roman

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,917 Views)
Are you currently using all the on board PXI slots in the NI MKD-1117? Are you connecting the NI-PXIe-1062Q Chassis to the NI MKD-1117, and if so is this through MXI?

Thanks
Sarah S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,911 Views)
Apart from using MXI, Is there any other way to connect MKD-1117 with PXI-1062Q? Please also advice me in integrating a portable system with 2 to 4 hours battery, based on the HW which I have mentioned earlier.\
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,903 Views)
Roman,

Currently the the NI MKD-1117 kit includes the following items:
•     An NI MKD-1117
•     A rack-mount kit
•     A U.S. 120 VAC power cord
•     A VGA and dual-PS/2 cable
•     A USB-to-dual-PS/2 adapter cable

The PXIe-1062Q will also require the rack mount kit as well. This can be purchased from the PXIe-1062Q Product Page. Currently this chassis is recommended to run off of AC power, but with the proper power converters it should work, but the battery life is not tested.

If you do decide to use this setup, you will need to purchase a rack that will accommodate these two pieces of equipment. We currently do not offer one at this time.

Currently the only DC Powered Chassis is the PXI-1031DC, but it only has 4 slots, and the current chassis you are using has 8. It is also not an Express chassis. For more information on this, please reference the PXI-1031DC Product Page.

You are always welcome to fill out a product suggestion if you would like to recommend an alternative chassis for future development. If you would like to do this, go to the Product Feedback Section on the Contact NI Page.

Sarah S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,884 Views)

Sarah, I am looking for a comparison between NI PXI Based RF solution and Agilent N5182A MXG Vector Signal Generator. I know the benefits of modular system but I would like to see a presentation or an article on this which I can refer to my client. Please advice me on this. Basically the client want to buy Agilent Signal Generator but I want to offer them PXI based NI Solution. I look forward to your advice. Thanks

Roman

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,883 Views)

Hi Roman,

If you are interested in a PXIe solution I would suggest the PXIe-5672 Vector Signal Generator. The specs of the NI product do not exactly overlap with the specs of the N5182A MXG Vector Signal Generator. However, based on the project requirements the PXIe-5672 might be a good fit. I was not able to find a paper that does a head-to-head comparison between the two devices. You can see the RF resource page here. If I find anything more relevant to your case I will let you know.
I can arrange your local field sales engineer to give you a call. You can email your contact information to support@ni.com and include a link to this discussion forum post. Specifically request that the email is forwarded to me. Regards,

Kalin T.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,861 Views)

Hi, I have configure the PXI as per following specs please have look at it and advice. Please note because I have used NI PXI 6.6 Ghz

RF Signal Generator that is why I have used the agilent N2100B 8.5 Gb/s Analyzer. Please advice me if technically it is workable.

Regards,

Vicky

1 779730-01 PXIe-1065, 18-Slot 3U PXIe/PXI Chassis
2 763000-01 Power Cord, AC, U.S., 120 VAC
3 780031-01 NI PXIe-8130 Turion 64 X2 2.3 GHz High BW Controller, Windows XP
4 779782-02 NI PXI-5661 2.7 GHz VSA, 256 MB, w/Real Time Streaming Analysis
  OR
5 N2100B PXIT 8.5 Gb/s Digital Communication Analyzer
6 779670-02 NI PXI 6.6 GHz RF Signal Generators and CW Source
7 780066-01 NI HDD-8264 12-Drive, 3 TB, 2U, Cabled PCIe HDD Enclosure w/RAID
8 780064-01 NI 8262 x4 Cabled PCI Express Module for PXI Express
9 779465-01 NI PXI-5690 2 Channel RF Preamplifier from 500 kHz to 3.0 GHz
10 776671-09 LabVIEW Base System for Windows with 1 Yr Service (English)
11 71⁄2-Digit, 26-Bit, 1000 V Digital Multimeter
and 1.8 MS/s Isolated Digitizer

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,848 Views)
Hi Vicky,

As Kalin suggest above, I would recommend the local engineer help you out on this one. I think you are comparing two different devices here:
The VSA will usually downconvert and analyze a defined bandwidth in amplitude and phase. The DCA is for digital signals and usually will not downconvert. Which instrument do you need? What is the type of measurement you are trying to perform?

Again, as Srdan suggest in your other post, you will need to provide more details on what you are trying to accomplish. If this is not public, you can always call or email directly support at ni.com/ask.
I have included more PXI specific documents in a response to other of your forums here.

Gerardo O.
RF SW Engineering R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,814 Views)