PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-1085 chassis with PXIe-8840 controller

Solved!
Go to solution

We have an 18-slot PXIe-1085 chassis that has been working with a PXIe-8840 controller. We swapped in a different PXIe-8840 controller, and now it does not want to boot (or at least show a display). It's acting like there is no signal from the controller to the monitor. However, if I put that second PXIe-8840 controller in another machine (PXIe-1062Q), it works, boots, and shows up on the display. If I put another different PXIe-8840 in the PXIe-1085, it doesn't show a display either. Any ideas as to what may have gone wrong with the PXIe-1085?

We have tried using a display port cable and a mini-display port to display port cable. No success.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,976 Views)

Hi,

I am wondering if these new controllers don't have the correct software stack to recognize the PXIe-1085. If you put in the original 8840 controller back in this chassis are you able to boot successfully? Do you know what version of PXI Platform Services is installed on the new controller?

Additionally when you have the new 8840 in the chassis, when powered on, what does your Power LED show?

Best,

Jacob C.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,946 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tgomulin

I apologize. We finally figured out what was going on. One of our other cards in the chassis wasn't fully seated in its slot. We pulled it out and inserted it back in all the way, and everything works again. False alarm. Sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,942 Views)