Thanks for your advice. I tried your suggestion but it did not work.
Here is what I did:
- I uninstall the MXI-4 connector in Ni-PAL device in Windows device manager
- I install Ni-DAQmx 8.0 (I already had the latest drivers for Ni-VISA 3.41)
- I reboot the PC
- I power down the PC
- I install MXI-4 board in the PCI PC slot.
- I power up the pC
- In windows, the MXI-4 connector is detected and seems to be installed properly when I look in Windows device manager
- In MAX, I identify the PXI system as external PC (I do not identify yet the chassis as 1031)
- I power down the PC
- I connect the cable between the 1031 chassis (with the PXI-4461) and the PCI board.
- I power up the PC (the PWR and LNK leds are green)
- In windows, I got a "New device detected" message which asks me to select the driver for the PXI-4461. I select "install software automatically". I get an error message which says "This device cannot start (code 10)". I go in Windows device manager, uninstall the PXI-4461 driver. I then make windows redetect the PXI-4461. I get the same message as before "New device detected". Again I select "install software automatically". This time it works and in Windows device manager the PXI-4461 (acquisition devices tab) seems to be properly installed
- In MAX, NI-DAQmx peripherals, the NI-PXI-4461: "Dev1" tab appears. I then identify the chassis as 1031. I close MAX.
- I reboot (leaving the chassis powered up during the reboot)
- In MAX, NI-DAQmx peripherals, I right click on the NI-PXI-4461: "Dev1" tab to do a selftest. Here again it comes the same error message "error -223024" (see config6-2-06-2.jpg). Compared to the menus I had before, I notice that when I right click the NI-PXI-4461: "Dev1" tab, I see the self calibrate tab in the menu but it is greyed and I cannot click on it (see config6-2-06-1.jpg)
I don't know what to do. Any idea ?
I have tried your suggestions. Neither of them worked unfortunately.
The drivers seem to run properly according to the services manager.
I used your vi to self calibrate the device but I get the same error message as in MAX.
As I mentioned previously, the differences I've seen between the good and the bad configuration (except for the hardware of course) are: (i) in the NiDaQmx device the serial number tab indicates 0xFFFFFFFF whereas for the old one it says 0xDE781. (ii) in the software NI-VISA tab: for the old PC, there are a bunch of dll which appear like NIViPxi.dll etc... whereas in the new configuration I only have visa32.dll
NIVISv32.dll, NIVisaServer.exe and Nivisaic.exe.
I am starting to believe that this issue may be due to a hardware incompatibility problem.