PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-4071 Error -1074118650 with STS system and Measure DC Volts.vi example

So using an STS system and trying to initialize the DMM for testing.  I kept getting the above error number, so I tried using the NI Example Finder example Measure DC Volts.vi.  This also is giving the same error.  I have tried resetting the DMM and even rebooting the system, but always getting this error.  I can run from MAX via the soft front panel, and all is good, but otherwise no go.

So what am I doing wrong?

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,439 Views)

Hey Chris,

A few questions to try and get some additional clairity on your situation.

Has this DMM worked in the past?

What version of NI-DMM are you using?

Can you try running an I/O Trace with the NI-DMM calls showing both in the soft front panel where it works and the example where it doesn't?

Regards,

Ryan

Applications Engineer

Ryan
Group Manager
FlexLogger
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,416 Views)

Has this DMM worked in the past?

What version of NI-DMM are you using?

Can you try running an I/O Trace with the NI-DMM calls showing both in the soft front panel where it works and the example where it doesn't?

Hi Ryan, thanks for the fast reply.  We are bringing up a new STS system, so we haven't used the DMM in the system yet.  So we had not tried more than MAX and the soft front panel there.

I am not 100% sure how to tell the version, but it looks like Source Version 14.0 and dated 7/10/2015 for the directory.

So with the Measure DC Volts.vi the NI I/O trace gives only one trace, niDMM_init(VI_TRUE, VI_TRUE) , Status 0xBFFA4006, shows the error and stops.

Okay with the soft front panel version, I quickly got over 700 calls.  Call #16 was to niDMM_init .  I cannot tell if it is the same version or not, but it runs and ends with VI_SUCCESS. 

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,380 Views)

Looks like the issue at hand might be "Which LabVIEW should we be using?"  The 2015 version (32 bit) is the one that works, and the 2014 64 bit is the one with the problems.  All is within TestStand 2014.   I will try switching to 2015 and hopefully it is not a trainwreck for other things...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,379 Views)

Well that didn't work.  Seems the LV2015 doesn't have all the STS specific stuff.  So, now how to get the 2014 version to work or get the 2015 to have the STS specific stuff in it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,377 Views)

Hey Chris,

What was the install order for your software?  If you installed TSM before you installed LabVIEW 2015 then I would not be integrated into that version of software.  If this is the case reistalling TSM would fix the issue with the functions not showing up in LabVIEW 2015.  

Additionally, at this point I would recommend calling in to our help line at 866-275-6964 so that we can get more resources on this to help you get up and running.

Ryan

Applications Engineer

Ryan
Group Manager
FlexLogger
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,327 Views)

So it looks like there is something going on with one machine with the 64 bit LV2014 software as the other machine works fine.  Will ping our NI reps here and get someone on to it.  Thanks, things are going better with the 32 bit, but now 32 bit TestStand is throwing up a "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" which sounds more like a Magic the Gathering problem.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,324 Views)