cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC-to-PC using PXImc

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I've been reading some articles on PXImc. It seems like what I need. There are some points that I hope somebody here can help to clarify.

1. In one of the articles, it says that we can daisy chain the systems. For clarification purposes, this means that I can connect a PXI to a PC and from this PC to another PC/PXI... Is my understanding correct? Does this also means that I can use this approach to connect just PC to PC without having a PXI in the chain?

2. What data types are supported? Can I transfer 2D or 3D array of double? Also, is image-type data supported (without having to change it to 2D array of pixel values)?

Thank you.

Shazlan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,801 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shazlan

Hi Shazlan,

1) NI PXIe-8383mc adapter module is a PXIe module, and hence at least one end of the PXImc connection should be a PXIe system. So you can connect a PXIe system to a PC using the NI PXIe-8383mc adapter module. You can also have a tree topology where PC is the root node and two PXIe systems are end nodes by using two NI PXIe-8383mc modules. But you cannot connect two PCs using PXImc, unless one of the PCs has a MXI connection to a PXIe chassis.

2) Data types supported are 1D arrays of all the numeric data types available in LabVIEW except 'Fixed Point' and '128-bit time stamp'.

Regards,
Shreyas B.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,753 Views)

Hi Shreyas.

Thank you for your reply... though it is not the answer I am hoping for 😞

Shazlan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3