From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the language settings in DAQmx

Solved!
Go to solution

I am in Germany and so my operating Windows XP system is in german. It seems given a previous question (http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=231&message.id=4741&query.id=163167#M4741 ) that DAQmx takes the language settings of the operating system, in this case german. It was suggested to change the language settings of the operating system but, correct me if I'm wrong, but that is not possible to do without re-installing (not to mention first having to re-purchase windows in the specified language). Is there really no other way of changing the language??? DAQmx is installed with 5 different language packs but there seems to be no way of choosing the one we want. Which is quite a hassle when its your first time using the driver and you don't even understand the commands...

Any help greatly appreciated

M

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,222 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mirabelle

The DAQmx installer chooses the language package according to the country settings of the OS. You don't have to purchase and install a different version of Windows. All you need to do is to go to "Systemsteuerung -> Regions- und Sprachoptionen" and change the country settings from "German" to the country of your choice. Then install the NI-DAQmx software. If you have already installed NI-DAQmx, then uninstall it and reinstall after changing the country settings.

Kind regards,

Jochen Klier

National Instruments
Message 2 of 6
(5,210 Views)
Thank you ever so much. It actually wasn't necessary to uninstall and reinstall DAQmx for it to work though 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,203 Views)

Hi,

This doesn't work for version 14 of NI-DAQmx. What can I do to change the language from German to English?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,391 Views)

I had the same issue - all VIs in English, but DAQmx and its subVIs were in German.  

I completely uninstalled/reinstalled LabVIEW and the issue persisted.  I'm running LabVIEW 2014 (14.0, 32-bit) on Windows 8 64-bit, and I have another system running the LabVIEW 2014 on Windows 7 64-bit affected by the same issue.  All possible language and region settings on both computers are English (United States).

I was able to fix the issue by downloading the newest standalone DAQmx software (14.5 at time of writing this)

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-14.5/5212/en/

and just let it do a typical installation, over my current software, without uninstalling anything specific.  Everything seems to be fixed now - hope this helps someone else.

Message 5 of 6
(4,155 Views)

NI: please sort out this language issue. We shouldn't be having to re-install everything to get the language changed.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,813 Views)