cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5781 FlexRIO single-ended configuration

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using a PXI system with a 7962R and a f=5781 FlexRIO system for a control system. The differential I/O configuration is quite straight forward, but I dont exactly understand how to configure the I/O for single-ended I/O. There are a few details in the manual about using a 50 Ohms terminators for that. Can you assist me or guide me in how to exactly do that and where to use the terminators.

Thanks a lot

Anas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,043 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IAmFPGA

Hello Anas,

The exact configuration that you will need depends on the type of signal source you have. You can find some information on how to configure this here: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3394/en/

Regards,

Jake A

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
Message 2 of 3
(3,991 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IAmFPGA

The 5781 shipped with some 50ohm MCX terminators. If you want to use one of the channels in single ended mode then insert this terminator into the unused plug. The point of using this terminator is to make sure that both sides of the differential driver see the same impedance. You'll get slightly worse signal performance if one side is connected to a device with a 50ohm termination and the other side is left open. 

Here's what they look liike. The 5781 should have shipped with four of these. 

mcx_plug.PNG

Message 3 of 3
(3,963 Views)