PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analogue Multi edge triggering

I have a PXIe-1071 chassis with two PXIe-6368 cards

I developed the spec with an applications engineer at NI who I *thought* understood my problem

I've got 32 voltage channels, I want to trigger an acquisition on all 32 channels, when any 1 of them rises above the threshold

I started developing the code to do this and received the error that multi edge triggering is not supported 

Are there any workarounds or can folks suggest alternative cards that DO support it?

I've considered programmatically checking each channel, however I need to acquire at 500kS/s across all 32 channels and I don't think the processor can handle the overhead.... plus LabVIEW is telling me off for trying to use multiple instances of DAQmx read VI at once....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(678 Views)

PXIe-6368 does not support Analog Multiple Edge. You can consider using NI 9775. Please see Trigger Multiple Channels With Individual Trigger Conditions.

As an alternative, you can handle this with continuous acquisition and software post-processing to extract the data surrounding the trigger conditions.  As a starting point, you could look at "Basic Level Trigger Detection" in the Waveform Monitoring palette (under Waveform Measurements). 

Reference: Triggering of a system of 8 analog input channels

Senior Technical Support Engineer | CLD CTA | NI

DISCLAIMER: The attached Code is provided As Is. It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments. You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at: http://ni.com/samplecodelicense

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(646 Views)