From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NIYANTRA Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keyboard interface with myrio using labview

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to interface laptop's keyboard with myrio by using labview. When i'm trying in basic VI it is working perfectly but when i'm trying same code in myrio VI it is showing error that 'choose correct function name in CALL FUNCTION NODE'. There are 3 .vi i have choosen in my code

initialize keyboard.vi, Aquire input data.vi and close input device.vi. all of three contains "CALL FUNCTION NODE" in them. so my question is in each "CALL FUNCTION NODE" what settings should be keep?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,948 Views)

Hi,

It would be better if you posted a snippet of your code, so that to comprehend the situation you are facing. Also you won't be able to get inputs from the Laptop Keyboard to myRIO directly, because myRIO has a different set of RT processor and FPGA which completely makes it a different computing device.

Since i didn't get a very clear picture about your dilemma in this case, i can only suggest to put the VI under your Computer Profile in the Project File, and then in your keyboard VI, after acquisition whatever values you are getting, transfer those values alone to the myRIO with Shared Variables to a new VI under the myRIO profile in the project explorer. In this way you can then control the actuation you wanted to control with the myRIO.

Let me know, if this helped.

PS: you cannot use local or global variables in this case, if you don't know how to use Shared Variables, checkout a few YouTube videos.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,540 Views)