NI VideoMASTER and NI AudioMASTER

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Digital Video Standards apply to VideoMaster

Hi,

I am using NI VideoMASTER for Digital Video Analysis.  After running a sample set of tests, I have a set of results but do not know whether they are good or bad.

Does anyone know if there is an ITU set of standards that I can use to rate the product I am testing to determine how good/ bad it actually is?

In the VideoMaster help there is a section on setting limits but it does not state what the limits hould be set to!  Any help on this appreciated.

Rgds,

Sean

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(8,976 Views)

Hi Sean,

I hope you are well.

You should be looking for the detailed design specifications of DVI and HDMI formats from the relative organizations. For example: http://www.hdmi.org/index.aspx. You will also need to look into the specifications of the video formats, for example, 720p and1080i in order to make judgement to the results. If your results lay within their published specifications, it can be regarded as a valid signal.

VideoMASTER does not implictly contain any caps or limits, as they depend on what signal you are measuring and whether you are measuring for studio quality setup or for the consumers. The margin can be quite different.

Best regards,

Mark M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(8,963 Views)

Are you able to manually adjust the limits of videoMaster to the precise image you are measuring or does videoMASTER do that automatically, for example does it have a preset imager that you are able to program before hand?

Thank you,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,227 Views)