NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-Switch Relay Add-On Feedback

Hi,

I have just downloaded this addon for 2011 veristand version, the addon is recognized and i can see my relay module in the tree but if I deploy veristand project I get the error below on the file NI-Switch RT Driver VI.vi. Any help?

Details:

Error 1003 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located. Select File>>Open to open the VI and then verify that you are able to run it.

=========================

NI VeriStand:  Open VI Reference in NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Open Custom Device Driver VI Reference.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Launch Asynchronous Custom Device.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi<APPEND>

c:\ni-rt\VeriStand\Custom Devices\NI-Switch Relay\NI-Switch Relay Engine.llb\NI-Switch RT Driver VI.vi

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 85
(5,594 Views)

Did you install NI-Switch onto the RT target?

Andreas Stark
LabVIEW Lead @ Rocket Factory Augsburg
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 85
(5,594 Views)

I solved updating all sw to 2014 version and using hardware discovery wizard. Thanks for your repy

AndreasS <web.community@ni.com> ha scritto:

Andreas Stark created the discussion

"Re: NI-Switch Relay Add-On Feedback"

To view the discussion, visit: https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/94919#94919

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 85
(5,594 Views)

Hello,
I'm having some trouble getting this custom device running with VeriStand 2014 on a real time controller (PXIe-8880/PXIe-1085 chassis) with relay modules PXI-2566 and PXI-2567. I am able to add the NI-Switch Relay custom device to the system definition, configure relay channels, and deploy to the RT target. However, when it loads on the target, I see an error on the RT display - "NI-Switch Relay CUSTOM DEVICE ERROR". There is no error displayed on the PC during deployment - it looks like it loads successfully and it continues to execute on the target. Any ideas about this?

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 85
(5,594 Views)

Looking at the source, that error you mention is only produced at the end of the custom device's execution and only in the event of an error.

2015-09-29 12_56_51-Template [NI-Switch Relay Custom Device...] Block Diagram on NI-Switch Relay Cus.png

That VI will print an error code that looks like"

******NI-Switch Relay CUSTOM DEVICE ERROR******

Source: asdf.vi

Code: 93

Are you saying you're just getting the ERROR string, without the source and code strings?  I don't see a scenario in the code where this is possible...

Since this occurs at the end of the code as well, it seems unlikely that the system will continue to load correctly and execute on the target.  When the execution continues, do you also gain control over the relays?  It seems like just based on the code paths I'm seeing in the source, we should take another look at the behavior of your system.   Do you have any more info about the error?

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 85
(5,594 Views)

Thor,

I checked the VeriStand log on the RT hardware and I did find some more information about the error. The system does continue to execute. I have not been able to confirm whether the relays actually work yet but I am working on that.

Source:    niSwitch Initialize With Topology.vi<ERR>Invalid resource name.

If the resource descriptor is an IVI name, it must match the case sensitive entry in the IVI Configuration Store Starting DAQ waveform task loops...

Code:    Initializing Primary Control Loop...

Running system definition...

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 85
(5,594 Views)

Well definitely in that case, go ahead and check the resource names you have set up in your system definition.  Those will need to match the same resource name that's under the target in MAX.  Do yours match?

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 85
(5,594 Views)

They didn't match. I fixed that and the error is gone. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 85
(5,594 Views)

I'm getting a NI-Switch Relay CUSTOM DEVICE ERROR in the console window after my veristand project deploys.

Library Name: niswitchDAQmx.dll Code: -1074097808

I'm using Veristand 2015 SP1 with NI-SWITCH 15.1.1.  Below is a screen shot of the sofware installed on the host and RT Target

Software Installed.png

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 85
(5,594 Views)

Hmm, what hardware are you using? I'd have to double check the source code but I believe it's using the DAQmx Switch API which could cause problems with newer hardware as is discussed here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/639BFDBDB893EB5186257225007D0F58

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 85
(5,594 Views)