NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J1939 Add-on Feedback

Hey,

Did you edit j1939 database with Ni database editor?  Could you share me the J1939 database?My email is lvzhengmeng_spt@163.com

Thank you for reply.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 175
(4,450 Views)

Hey,

As previously stated, no NI products can be used to edit a J1939 database, including the NI database editor.  I cannot share my database with you as it is customer specific.  You need to get the database from the manufacturer of the ECU you are trying to communicate with.

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
Embedded and Industrial Control
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 175
(4,450 Views)

oh,I know.Could you recommend a software to edit database?

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 175
(4,450 Views)

Hey,

I don't know of any free software.  My customers use Vector for designing and debugging the network/database.  Then they use NI for automation.

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 175
(4,450 Views)

Does this 1939 add-on support NI 9862 on cDAQ USB chassis?  I tried this with the configuration VeriStand 2012+cDAQ9174+9862, but I received an error 15101 from NI VeriStand.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 175
(4,450 Views)

I have only tested the custom device with the hardware listed in the web document.  I have not tested with Windows or any combination of USB chassis/sleeve/XNET card.  Therefore, I would assume based on your error, it is not supported.  I will look into it a bit further and add it as a feature in the next release if I find it doesn't work.  I would expect it to take three to four weeks for me to get a new release out.

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 175
(4,450 Views)

On the topic of compatibility, what would be required to get this Custom Device to work with VeriStand 2013?  I don't know what all has changed in 2013 yet (just installed), but any suggestions would be appreciated. I am in the process of assembling another HIL and it is kind of a test bench for updates that will be pushed back to our older systems.  I just setup VS2013 and DS2013 DS2.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 175
(4,450 Views)

You would need LabVIEW 2013.  You essentially have to recompile all the source code in LabVIEW 2013 and then re-build the source distributions.  I will be doing this by the end of the year. 

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 175
(4,450 Views)

I am working on rebuilding the project for 2013 (will send back if I get it working) and will give it a test as soon as I can.  I have hit a build error.  It looks like LabView 2013 can't handle the J1939 Host Automation API.lvlibp (I get an error about opening a file with an earlier version).  I don't know if this is a problem with LabView 2013 or with the library.  I can open the library in 2011 with no problem.  Is there a way to save the .vi's out of the packed lib with 2011 and then rebuild the lib in 2013?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 175
(4,450 Views)

I did test this on Windows and it throws errors.  I will add this to the feature list for my next version.  As of right now, Windows is not supported.

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 175
(4,450 Views)