NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J1939 Add-on Feedback

Hey,

I plan on updating the code to 2013 by the end of the year.  That said, I haven't had a chance to look at the source in a while.  If I remember right, the source contains another project for the lvlibp.  I would try to build this first to update the .lvlibp to 2013 and then try to rebuild the rest of the custom device.  Again, I could be wrong because I haven't had a chance to look at the source in a while.  I will let you know what I find when I start the upgrade myself.

Thanks!

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
Embedded and Industrial Control
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 175
(4,885 Views)

The 2013 version is up.

Thanks!

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 175
(4,885 Views)

I'm on a system running Veristand 2011.  What issues have been seen deploying multiple instances of the J1939 custom device in a single project?  I have understood that only a single port of a CAN card (i.e. PXI8512) can be referenced.  When I attempt to deploy a second instance, referencing a second card, the deployment hangs at '...gathering system information.." Neither instance is deployed.  After 5 to 10 minutes, I will eventually receive and error, message -- I will have to get that again if needed to review -- but it doesn't make sense for what appears to be happening.  I deploy one instance or the other without errors, however.

Russ

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 175
(4,885 Views)

You should be able to run multiple instances in VeriStand.  In fact, a lot of my testing happens by having two devices running on the same real time PXI (essentially a loop back) so I believe I have done this without issue in VS 2011.  I am OOO for the next couple days but I will confirm that my configuration still works in VS 2011. 

What is your hardware setup?  What are your driver version?  Can you post screenshots of your system definition configuration?  What is the error you get?  Have you tried changing the timeout length in VeriStand?  Basically, please give me as much information as you can and I will see if I can reproduce the error.

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 175
(4,885 Views)

when I‘m using this add-on came out this error, could you give me some advice to solve it?31{DBUGH{_4<T>SH8@M5X8K.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 175
(4,885 Views)

Please give me your system details.  Which version of the add-on are you using?  Do you have XNET 1.8 installed on the local host and RT target?

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 175
(4,885 Views)

I'm using veristand 2012 with the add-on 2012 and XNET 1.8. Maybe came out this error because I was installed labview2013.  I want to installed all NI software. how can I save the projects in veristand2012. Can those proejects be used in veristand 2013?

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 175
(4,885 Views)

Thanks for providing some detail.  That helps.  What is the deployment target?  Are you trying to get this working on Windows/RT?  Which version of the add-on are you using?  Typically, you should keep projects created in one version in that version.  So, if you create the VeriStand project in VS 2012, keep it in VS 2012.  If you upgrade, it should work but you won't be able to go back (VS2013 --> VS2012).  Also note that you will need to add the 2013 version of the J1939 add-on to the VS 2013 custom device folder.

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 175
(4,885 Views)

I'm trying to get this working on PXI/RT. The version of the add-on is J1939 Addon 1.3.0_Built_VS2012.zip . A month ago , the add-on is good to deployment. But after update to veristand2013 ,it just came out this error. I have reinstalled all softwares and drives ,2012 version and 2013 version . But it doesn't work. It just came out this error. oh. I also change a computer. please help me. The problem made me crash out.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 175
(4,885 Views)

I just tested the 2012 version on a clean machine and it worked without issue (no 2013 installed).  I apologize as I can't help much without being able to reproduce the issue.  Here is my software stack on my computer and my RT target if you want to try and match.  One thing that might matter is having NI Visa.

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 175
(4,885 Views)