NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIT ARINC 429 Add-On Feedback

Currently no. However that is something I will add in a future revision.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 193
(5,293 Views)

Version 1.5 has been uploaded. It now includes the driver files from AIT's 3.13 release. This means it can be used with Flight Simulyzer's generated XML files.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 193
(5,293 Views)

Hi,

We are trying to update our system with the 1.5 version (we are using the 1.4).

It seems that one file is missing on the RT target : setupapi.dll

Do you know if we can copy this dll form a Windows system ?

Is there another way to install this dll on the RT target ?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 193
(5,293 Views)

Hmm, this is not an AIT file. How do you know you are missing this file? Do you see text on your RT console saying the DLL is missing?

I might have put the wrong DLL files in the download by mistake. I will fix this asap if we conclude this is the issue.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 193
(5,293 Views)

Actually I can confirm. I accidentally placed the windows DLL in the download instead of the RT DLLs. I will fix this now. My apologies!

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 193
(5,293 Views)

1.6 is posted which resolves this issue.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 193
(5,293 Views)

Thanks Stephen, installation was successful

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 193
(5,293 Views)

Hi,

We have installed and tested with success the 1.6. Thanks.

I would suggest 2 evolution concerning the configuration of the custom device :

1. board serial number : it will easier if we could use the board index or a VISA alias to determine the board. We have 5 test bench and we need to change the serial number in the nivssdf each time.
  2. path of the database file (user.CD.Win File Path) : it will be easier if we could define a type like in the DependentFile property to specifie "Relative", "Absolu" or other. When we duplicate a VeriStand project, we need to change the path in the nivssdf file if the file is in the project directory.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 193
(5,293 Views)

I just posted version 1.7 that includes several great changes. Go check it out!

hrobitaille, I agree... those are both annoying problems. I didn't have time to address them in 1.7 but I did add them to the known issues list so I can get to them in the future.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 193
(5,293 Views)

Hi,

Thanks to take into account my remarks but more thanks for the important changes in the version 1.7.

Even if we will not install this version in a short term, I think that the capability to differentiate incoming message on label and SDI is very important (it was already available on transmit and we had added "SDI" parameters in the configuration).

The other great feature is the use of a same xml file for the bus configuration and the parameters configuration. Is there a export function to store a current configuration in the new xml format ?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 193
(5,293 Views)