NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set array measurement names from Labview array

Solved!
Go to solution

What is (are) expressions to set measurement array names, preferably the entire Measurement array set to a Labview Array instead of looping through each Measurement Index.

I reading a Labview text Array into TestStand then use that array to rename test measurement names, i.e. Measurement 1, Measurement 2 etc. Instead of the canned names Measurement X, I want to label the measurements with the descriptive names from the Labview Array.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,136 Views)

Not sure if this would be helpful.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Dynamically-configure-multiple-numeric-limit-test-measurements...

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,122 Views)

not exactly, in my case I'm looking to only rename the Measurement x canned name in TestStand to a meaningful custom name.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,115 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author richjoh

So there isn't a single expression that will rename them all.  You will need to loop through the array.

The proper function to rename the measurement would be Step.Result.Measurement[index].Name = "New Name"

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 4 of 10
(3,109 Views)

OK, thanks for the tip, I'll try that. Makes sense you have to step through each one, since array items usually lumped into identical items.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,103 Views)

Was wondering how to make the output file names of measurements "Measurement 1", "Measurement 2"... become names from the Labview string array.

From TestStand, if I run the Labview VI, TestStand reads its string array Indicator, completes the step, creates the output file data but the canned names TestStand generates, Measurement 1, Measurement 2, persist. I'm wondering where do I put this loop to so the output file contains specific test names from the Labview array.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,089 Views)

I'm still looking for a way to programmatically change the Multiple Measurement test array so that the output file reports new Measurement names instead of the canned ones, Measurement 0, Measurement 1... .

Jigg,

Whenever I use your suggestion, the Measurement 0, Measurement 1 ... names are changed but only after the output file is completed. I need the output file to report the text from the Labview array. I can change Measurement 0, Measurement 1 ... names manually, copy and paste each one, but this is tedious when I have hundreds or thousands of names to enter.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,077 Views)

Hi richjoh,

Are you able to post this portion of your code? That might make it easier for forum users to jump in and help out!

Carolynn V.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,071 Views)

Not able to post. This is pretty straight forward.

An NI_MultipleNumericLimit Test. The sequence reads a numeric array from Labview. TS uses pass/fail criteria to create an output file. But TS uses canned names, "Measurement 0", "Measurement 1"... I want to overwrite these canned named with actual test names from a Labview text array. Ideally I want to take the Step.Measurement[].Names and rename all the indexes per the Labview text array so that test names show in the output file.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,067 Views)

Not sure if this would be helpful!

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/How-I-can-rename-an-array-index-with-ActiveX-commands/td-p/777...

If you are still working on this question, it may help not to have a solution marked to increase visibility.

Carolynn V.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,054 Views)