NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to access the result list in teststand after execution using labwindows/cvi

I am developing a user interface in labwindows/cvi that runs multiple teststand sequence files and would like to combine their reports (generated in teststand) into a single file at the end of a UUT. What is the best way to do this? At the moment, I'm trying to access the result list local variable after the execution has ended using API calls from labwindows/cvi and an end-of-execution callback event but those run-time variables do not exist anymore. How do I get a hold of the result list array at the end of an execution? I would like to grab this variable and pass it along from sequence to sequence using labwindows/cvi and not teststand itself. Is this possible? Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,663 Views)

Hi Luis,

Are you using multiple sequence files per UUT, or multiple subsequences contained within the same sequence file? In TestStand, your Result List container will be accessible during execution. You can access the step name, status, and result during run-time in RunState.RootHere is another forum post, with an attached example, that explores this idea a bit further.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,640 Views)

I am using multiple sequences per UUT and wish to combine the reports into a single report file. Either txt or html. And I am using a GUI that I created in Labwindows/cvi to execute these seq files. The GUI is an exe, thus I can't call it from teststand like a dll and pass it the sequence context. How do I retreive the result list parameter after every seq executed using labwindows/cvi? Is there an event callback that provides the sequence context parameter at the end of the execution?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,635 Views)

Hi Luis,

If you're trying to pass information between TestStand and your CVI operator interface, you may be able to use UIMessages to get this information across. For more clarification, are you trying to combine the reports for all sequences for each UUT, or are you trying to get the report to include all UUTs in a single file?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,622 Views)
I am trying to combine the reports for all sequences for each UUT.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,617 Views)

Hey Luis,

What version of TestStand are you using? This may be possible to configure within TestStand versus CVI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,601 Views)

Teststand 2010

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,597 Views)

Hi

Maybe this thread would be interesting for you

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Saving-ResultList-as-binary-file/td-p/653522

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,584 Views)