NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing rendezvous programatically

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using TestStand 4.1 with the parallel process model.

Is it possible to programmatically change the "number of threads per Rendezvous", after the Rendezvous has been created?

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,976 Views)

If what you want is a rendezvous that dynamically sizes based on the number of testsockets, you should consider using the batch model and batch synchronization instead. That's a big part of what batch synchronization gives you.

The TestStand rendezvous currently does not support changing the rendezvous count after the rendezvous has already been created.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,967 Views)

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the reply. I've used the batch model extensively on other projects, but in this case its not appropriate as I'm testing groups of different products that start and stop at different times.

Sounds like I'll have to revise my design and use a file global with "Lock" synchronisation instead.

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,957 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bilby42

Another possibility is to switch out which rendezvous you are using and pass the rendezvous around by reference (rather than accessing it by name). This might make sense if, for example, you have a different number of threads for each product group. You would then switch out which rendezvous your threads are using when switching out which product you're testing.

-Doug

Message 4 of 6
(3,946 Views)

Great idea Doug,

I've never tried that before, I've always just used the rendezvous name.

Thanks for your help,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,936 Views)

Hello Doug,

Your solution seems interesting for one application that I want to do. But was not able to replicate it. Can you please give me a example of this solution?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,447 Views)