NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write or read to Excel from TestStand

Does anyone has an example sequence in Test Stand for read or write to an Excel sheet by using the Microsoft Excel Object library?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(9,848 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(9,847 Views)

Thank you for the quick response, but the example has been made by using a LabView code. I could also make it with VB (not a LabView user), but I would like use Microsoft Excel Object Library directly from Test Stand. It should be possible shouldn't it?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(9,846 Views)

Hi,

There is an example in the TestStand Examples folder under LoadingLimits maybe that will help. The VB example may help.

You should be able to access the Excel Methods and Properties via the ActiveX Adapter.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(9,837 Views)
Yes that's what I use (Excel Methods and Properties via the ActiveX Adapter). I only tried to get an example if someone already did it. It's ok now, I succeeded yesterday in making it.
Thank you anyway for helping me.

Best regards,
Igor
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(9,825 Views)

Hi Ray,

I tried the link you listed but I'm using LabVIEW 8.5 and the VI you give is 5.1.

It says it cannot convert 5.1 to 8.5.  Is there a way around this or failing that do you know if there is a new link?

TIA,

Sean

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(9,210 Views)

Hi Igor:

Do you still have the seq that reads/writeto Excel from TestStand via the ActiveX adapter? If so, would you mind sharing it?

Thanks.

Mim

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(9,116 Views)

Hi Mim,

Sorry for my late response.
Please find the example here. I hope it helps you.

Best regards,

Igor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(9,040 Views)

Hi Igor:

Thanks for posting the example.

I am getting errors for step 1 (print screen is attached). Any comments on why? I am working with TS 4.1.1.

Thank you,

Mim

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(9,029 Views)

Sorry Mim if I can help but I am not using personally Test Stand anymore.

I think you haven't put correct reference to your Excel file.

This is example but you have to fill the variables correctly

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(9,021 Views)