cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there a connection to akamaitechnologies.com when starting TestStand?

Highlighted

Why is there a connection to akamaitechnologies.com when starting TestStand?

Hello,

when i am starting TestStand with my custom C#-Userinterface using the appMgr.Start() i get an exception (attached).

Windows/TestStand is trying to connect to an IP which belongs to akamaitechnologies.com.

I think this Domain has someting to do with the Windows Update.

Problem is now: This computer has no internet.

So i have a timeout while this happens before TS can start.

How can i solve this?

Thanks

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(123 Views)

Re: Why is there a connection to akamaitechnologies.com when starting TestStand?

I have a feeling this is not related to TestStand but some other assemblies you are using in your UI.  To prove it you can take the out of the box C# UI that ships with TestStand and see if you get the same issue.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
teststandhelp.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 4
(59 Views)

Re: Why is there a connection to akamaitechnologies.com when starting TestStand?

Hello,

the exeption is always when executing applicationManager.Start().

The returned IP 23.211.157.14 in the exeption belongs to akamaitechnologies.com which can be find out using reverse-IP-lookup.

Then i used google with search term "akamaitechnologies.com national instruments" and one of the results (attached) is that akamai delivers software for NI.

Question is now: How can i stop this connection to a server that cannot be reached without internet.

The current workaround is that i put this IP in the firewall.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(34 Views)

I've ran TestStand on hundreds of PCs that weren't connected to any network.  I have never seen nor heard of this.  My guess is that you've got something else in your UI. 

Did you try to run the out-of-box C# UI?  If so did you observe the same behavior?

How are you licensing TestStand?

jigg
CTA, CLA
teststandhelp.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(29 Views)