Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i created a simple testplan with a rendevous but somehow its not working

Rendevous Create "RV"

Subsequence "as new Thread" executing a popup then 5sec delay

Rendevous "RV1"

popup

When executing then i only see the popup in the subsequence. After closing the popup the sequence is hanging and does not continue to the final popup.

The idea was to set the rendevous so that the sequence is waiting here for the finish of the subsequence.

Whats wrong?

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,445 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author OnlyOne

I think this is what you are really trying to do.  Let me know if that is not the case.  Renezvous need to have each thread added in order to work correctly.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 6
(2,424 Views)

I believe i have the same issue, however in TS 2014.

Would someone please check the attached file (rendezvous is hanging for ever)

When you say "Renezvous need to have each thread added in order to work correctly" - how is that done ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,210 Views)

You have 2 threads in your Rendezvous.  however, you don't have any Rendezvous in your threads. Also, you need 3 threads in order for your code to work the way I think you want it to work.

I've modified your example. You can get rid of the waits for thread 1 and 2 as they will no longer exist after the rendezvous.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,200 Views)

Thanks a lot.

I need the waits anyway to get the results reported - right (before the actual rendezvous point)?

What is the difference between a rendezvous-point or just using waits for the threads...

As i see it - the waits are more simple, fewer steps, and gives me the results in my report.

Many years ago when i worked for Nokia, we did not use rendezvous, as I recall it, only waits for threads.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,193 Views)

Rendezvous are great for synchronizing a whole bunch of threads.  In your case a simple wait may be sufficient and easier.  The wait is different from the rendezvous because it is just synchronizing the caller and the thread.

Hope this helps clarify.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,184 Views)