From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use indexes in Limit syntax multiple numeric limit test

I don't see a way to use the Array Index value, for each comparison Index, in the TestStand syntax Comparison tab, multiple numerical measurements. I found functions that send array size and offset but I'm looking to test index0-row0 is less than index0-row1 and greater than index0-row2 etc.. incrementing indexes to index24-row0 less than index24-row1 and greater than index24-row2. Notice if multiple numerical comparisions are added TestStand increments the index for you, how do you get that into the formula syntax?

I'm creating a TestStand formula to compare rows of a 2D array, 3rows X 25col.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,375 Views)

Did I find the answer myself?

Data Source Tab, select the check for "specify data source for each measurement". Go over to Limits tab add Limits test. This requires some modification still because I have a 2D array (although teststand arrays are really 1D)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,373 Views)

Unchecking "specify data source for each measurement", choosing a row as my source then add (+) data source increments Indexes, but I go over to the Limits tab and I'm still looking for a way  to painlessly as Limits indexes incrementing with the measurement indexes.

Multiple ways I found to add measurement sources painlessly but not the Comparision High Low limits expressions using the measurement index.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,366 Views)

OK, put rows in as Data Source, ArrayMeasurement[0],ArrayMeasurement[1],ArrayMeasurement[2].

On Limits tab used a local variable z, ArrayMeasurement[0][z], add a Limit ArrayMeasurement[0][z+1]. Then a click, add Limit, all the measurement limits you need...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,362 Views)

None of the above self suggestions work. If I assign a counter j to increment the indexes e.g. Array[0][j+0], Array[0][j=j+1], Array[0][j=j+1], j the local variable is persist as its initial value 0.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,342 Views)

So, to summarize, you're trying to evaluate a 25x3 array, checking if col_0 is greater than col_1 and less than col_2.

Yet I'm not sure how you're trying to go about that. How are you bringing in the 25x3 array? How, specifically, are you attempting to use the multiple numeric limit test?

I see the modification attempts you made, but the foundation of how you're trying to make these comparisons still eludes me.

Kevin S.
Technical Support Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,315 Views)

Work around this by taking 2 array from Labview and appending them to 1 array. I then set TestStand to compare 1 array value since the TS Multiple Numeric Test is looking to compare 1 value, not 2 or more values at a time.

Now there may be a fancier way to this but time is not provided.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,312 Views)