NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of ExecutionEntryPoints

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to present the user with the option of selecting the Execution Entry Point.  TS provides Single Pass and Test UUTs by default in the process model.  My application only allows the use of the Station Model which is set to the Sequential Model.  I am programming in VisualStudio 2005 (VisualBasic) and using the API.  When I execute ApplicationMgr.ExecutionEntryPoints.Count I always receive a value of 0.  If I execute ApplicationMgr.ConfigurationEntryPoints.Count I always receive a value of 3 (Report / Database / Model Options) as I expect.  I can then use .Item(x) to get the names of the Config Entry Points.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,085 Views)

Hello,

The OI examples that ship with TestStand will be of particular help to you in this instance.  These examples can be found at <TestStand>\UserInterfaces\Simple\VB.Net, where <TestStand> refers to the directory where you installed TestStand.  Take note of the two buttons just below the Sequence File and Sequence selection that dictate which Execution Entry Point to employ.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,064 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MACMilwaukee

I appreciate the reply and I am aware of the TS specific controls for use with Studio.  I have figured out the functionality that I was looking for.  However, I am trying to use the API. 

What I wanted to know is why 

AxApplicationMgr.ExecutionEntryPoints.Count always returns 0 and, therefore,  AxApplicationMgr.ExecutionEntryPoints.Item(x) returns an exception

when

Dim myStationModel As NationalInstruments.TestStand.Interop.API.SequenceFile = AxApplicationMgr.GetEngine.GetStationModelSequenceFile("")

myStationModel.NumSequences

myStationModel.GetSequence(x).Type

myStationModel.GetSequence(x).Name

return the values as I expect them to. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,048 Views)
Message Edited by AllenP on 12-11-2008 02:26 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,040 Views)

MAC,

This was reported to R&D (# 138126) for further investigation.  We are not sure what the problem is at this point, but I will post back here when more information is available.

Thanks for helping to make TestStand a better product!

Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,959 Views)