NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1304. Error writing to file: NationalInstruments.Internal.VSCodeGeneration.dll. Verrify that you have access to that directory.

Hi,

I am new here and I am trying to install TestStand 4.0 Evaluation.

Everytime I try to install, I get the above error.  During the install process the NationalInstruments.Internal.VSCodeGeneration.dll file is located in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 4.0\VBin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Maritimer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,596 Views)
Hi Maritimer,

Thanks for downloading our TestStand evaluation software, and I apologize for the troubles you are having with your install. The first thing I would check is that you have administrator privileges with the account from which you are trying to install. If this is true, then it is possible that the download file is corrupted, I would then re-download this file and then try again. If both these fail, let me know, and we can move forward from there.

Thanks!

Evan Prothro
RF Systems Engineer | NI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,567 Views)
I too get this error when installing the evaluation for LabView. The odd part is that the error is received when trying to place a file in a directory deep within the installation structure that the installer has already built, so it obviously has write access. Redownloading the installer now...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,056 Views)
Nope, same error, same file (for me that file is in some Mozilla folder inside Labview). It is a shame I can't just continue because I'll probably never use that file. Of course, I could do the online evaluation, but I axed that as soon as it asked for permission to have the administrator password on the local machine.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,052 Views)

Hi mvinca,

Since your question is related to a LabVIEW installation, you might get more responses posting to the LabVIEW Forum Board

Also, besides checking for admin priviledges, it might also be worth seeing if you get this error if you try to install LabVIEW with any anti-virus software turned off.

The following post seems to be a related topic:
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=263184&requireLogin=False

Hope this helps,

Jervin Justin

Jervin Justin
NI TestStand Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,021 Views)