From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upon Launching Teststand I want to open a specific sequence file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

When I launch Testand from its default path, it starts with the default behavior: opens "Sequence File 1" (see attached .jpg)

I want to change that behavior. I'd like to open a specific sequence file. 

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,435 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chimbombo

Hello chimbombo,

A simple way to do this is to create a one-line batch file that launches TestStand with the "sequencefile" argument as described in this help document:

TestStand Help: Configuring Sequence Editor and User Interface Startup Options

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052K-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/startup_opt/

That should cause the sequence editor to open and load one or more sequence files that you specify.

Hope that helps!

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,427 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.

It appears that Sequence Editor is an NI product... I should have mentioned that my budget is $0.00, therefore, that will not work for me. I can easily create a shortcut to my sequence, and that will solve my issue. I was trying to gain a little insight into TestStand, that's all.

I read a post about someone wanting to point to a specific sequence file upon pressing CTRL+N and apparently that IT IS NOT possible. So, I'm suspecting that my question will probably fall under the same situation?

Still open to ideas/suggestions.

Cheers,

Eddie

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,419 Views)

Hey Eddie,

The Sequence Editor is the default development environment that ships with TestStand, so it's usually not an extra purchase for most customers. If you are using one of the alternate interfaces we ship, the instructions Tom provided will still work. To confirm which interface you're using, you could open TestStand and go to Help > About.

Edit: I looked at the screenshot and it does look like you have the Sequence Editor, so I believe the instructions Tom linked will work on your machine.

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,412 Views)