From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unload Sequence

Hi,

How can I unload sequence after it finished running?

In unload option I picked the unload after step executes, in MainSequence I did not set Optimize Non Reeantrant calls to This Sequence, but still the used memory did not decreased.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(4,709 Views)

There is an API function that does this.

RunState.Engine.UnloadAllModules()

Glenn Ellis
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(4,691 Views)

Sorry I misread your question.  The UnloadAllModuals() function wouldn't be the best solution for you.

I believe you want to unload that individual step.

There is an option in the step settings under run options.  I will look at it when I am at my computer tomarrow to see if I can give you a better answer. 

Glenn Ellis
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(4,687 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, but I need to run different sequences one after another (in one execution).

After one sequence finished running I want to unload it and to run the next one. The configurations I descibed in the first question should be enough, but still it did not work.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(4,687 Views)

1. Select Step:

tsscreenshot.PNG

2. Here is what you need to do to dynamically load sequence.

Dynamiclly loading vi.PNG

3. Then  Unload after step executes:

Unloadstep.PNG

Glenn Ellis
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(4,672 Views)
The UnloadAllModuals() would work if you put it in the post Expression on each seq call.  But there is a performance hit if you were to use it after each step.
Glenn Ellis
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(4,666 Views)

Hi,

As I mentioned before, I did all of the properties you suggested (load dynamicaly too), but still not working.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if it was working, the memory that TestStand using suppose to decrease.

I do not use the UnloadAllModules(), only the properties of the sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(4,658 Views)
Can you give an example of what you are trying to do and maybe I can more fully understand what you are trying to do.
Glenn Ellis
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(4,644 Views)

Hi,

Here is an example.

I have sequence with all the properties you said. After the sequence ends I excpect the memory of TestStand to decrees (Task Maneger).

example.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(4,628 Views)

Hi,

Providing there is no other reference to that Sequence File in you Sequence then I would say your assumption is correct.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 10 of 20
(4,624 Views)