From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand simple UI using Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am customizing the Teststand simple UI using Labview. I would like to replace the sequence files combo box command and the open sequence file button by a string ring (that contains the sequences names and their paths as value). I also want to run the sequence that is selected (using an value change event on the string ring).

I have not been able to do it, the UI always runs the sequences selected by the sequence file combo box. Can you please help me with this issue?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,210 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Hind

Hello Hind

Maybe this snippet will help you to open the sequence file.

OpenSequenceFile.png

To start the sequence automatically you can use the 'DoClick' method for the entry point button.

DoClick.PNG

Best regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,159 Views)

Hello Hind

When modifying the way the TestStand UI works, particularly when not changing what the UI does but how it does it.  I have always found it easier to move the control(s) I don't want out of the viewable area (so the user can't see or interact with them) then I add my new control(s) in.  That way I don't break any UI code.  Then all I do is add code to make my new control(s) interact with the now hidden controls.

You end up with some hidden things but you get the benefit of all of the NI testing of the UI and also the code to interact with the hidden controls is usually quite simple (SetCtrlVal, DoClick etc.)

Steve

Message 3 of 4
(2,155 Views)

Hello,

Thank you all for your support. In fact the event on my list control was working, I just forgot to close the sequencefile reference.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,081 Views)