NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand newbe,really beginner

I am very much new to teststand, 

my first goal is to output RS232 com through the PC COM1 output , 

Please - any insights , tips or examples would be great!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,263 Views)

Needs more information on your requirement!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,235 Views)

i am trying to figure out what can i do with the software , so my first goal is to control a RS232 controlled power supply , by sending the commands to the power supply via my PC COM1 output.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,230 Views)

Basically TestStand will help you to sequence, to communicate with Power supply you can use NI LabVIEW to develope communication module and the same can be used in TestStand as a Module

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,216 Views)

PalanivelT is right. With TestStand, you can call modules of code from different coding languages and run them in particular sequences, pass information between them, and control the order of processes -- but you'll need to develop those code modules first.  

I know there are several serial communication examples for LabVIEW floating around in both LabVIEW Help and in the online community, so LabVIEW would be a good place to start for development.  

You can also call code you've already developed, or if you're just trying to explore and see what's possible in TestStand, there are a bunch of examples that demonstrate what you can do in %teststandpublic%\Examples that might be easiest.

Highest Regards,

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,197 Views)

What is the make and model of the power supply?

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,178 Views)

Nemic-Lambda ZUP36-12

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,177 Views)