From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand memory usage

When generating results teststand gradually uses more and more RAM. This happens when I generate a .tsr aswell as ATML(desired format). When i dont have any results being recorded the problem disappears, despite the same steps being executed. This indicates that it is the report generator that is causing the problem.

I have the following settings:

- Model options

>> Discard results... [checked] (results are not being used anywhere else, other than default report generation)

- Report options(for ATML)

>> Append If File... [checked]

>> On-the-fly reporting [checked]

>> Only display Latest results... [checked]

>> Processing interval: 9.50 Automatically tune interval [checked]

>> Maximum number of results: 30

Im using teststand 2012.

Please help!

Thanks

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,021 Views)

Alex,

is this an observation or is it a problem (so running out of memory after some time)?

Do you observe this behavior also for other report formats like HTML/ASCII?

@Alex Haak wrote:

[..]When i dont have any results being recorded the problem disappears, [..]

Do you disable result recording or simply disable report generation?

Is the behavior observable with any sequence or is it connected to a specific one?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,019 Views)

This sounds like you are disabling results when you don't have reports.  Basically, the Results array is increasing in size for each step that has a result is ran.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,016 Views)

This is a problem. Currently the RAM is running out after approx 14hrs and it needs to be able to last 72hrs.

The same happens with HTML, at a slower rate.

I disabled report generation rather than just disabling results.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,014 Views)

Hi

To help narrow down this issue can you please post an example sequence file which reproduces this issue and all files under C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand 2012\Cfg\ModelPlugins

Thank you 

Regards

Anand Jain

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,003 Views)

I dont have access to the computer right now, but i havent got any plugins and the sequence file basically has a number of dll calls and a call to another sequence which also has a number of dll calls. So im fairly sure the dll isnt leaking any memory as without report generation the problem disappears.

I seemed to have fixed the problem yesterday afternoon, but...  i seemed to have changed something because it is back!

Could it be something to do with the way i am loading/unloading the other sequence and the dll that my sequence uses?

otherwise maybe the advanced result processing options?

another problem could be that i am filtering my results... can i be sure that teststand discards the results that i am not recording?

I think these are the only things i changed.

Thanks so much,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,976 Views)

Another thing could be that im not including anything under step results. Instead i am using additional results.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,966 Views)

I am seeing the same issue, it appears to be something with the Number of Results but so far I have not pinpointed it to that.  Also using TestStand 2012 SP1, and started seeing the problem when we added a loop to check BITS (could add upto 430 results) depending on the Bit stream.  We are performing Thermal Testing, so it does multiple loops through the code.

I turned on Discard Results and Display only Current with On-The-Fly Reporting, but so far I am still seeing the memory usage increase.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,345 Views)