NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand execution does not continue after a popup is closed.

Hi, I needed to replicate a tester that was built a few years ago.  The original tester is running Windows 7.  The new tester is running Windows 10.  I'm having an issue on the new tester (Windows 10) that sometimes after you login, Test Stand hangs after you close a pop up window with an image.  Sometimes I can get around this by waiting a couple minutes before starting Test Stand or closing out Test Stand.  I haven't found a definite sequence of how to get this to work every time.  This never happens on the older tester running Windows 7.  Both testers are using the same version of Test Stand 2014.  The only difference should be the newer version of Windows and a newer PC.  I'm trying to keep the software the same on both testers without updating the original tester.  Anyone know of a differences from Windows 7 to Windows 10 that may be causing Test Stand to not recognize when the pop up window is closed?

Thanks

Gary 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,694 Views)

Technically TestStand 2014 isn't supported on Windows 10.  However, that being said we are using it on some Windows 10 machines and have seen odd behavior.  We've overcame most of it.

Which UI are you using?  or is it just in the sequence editor that you are seeing this behavior? 

Does it only happen when an image is being shown?  How are you loading the image? is it using the search directories or do you have an absolute path?

Does the size of the image impact this behavior?

It's really hard to help you unless we can narrow it down and reproduce the issue consistently.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,689 Views)

Hi Jigg,

Which UI are you using?  or is it just in the sequence editor that you are seeing this behavior? 

Just on the same Test Stand sequence editor message popup.

Does it only happen when an image is being shown?  How are you loading the image? is it using the search directories or do you have an absolute path?

Only happens on the same message popup image at the start of the test.  Loading image using an absolute path.

Does the size of the image impact this behavior?

I don't know. Thinking no, but I haven't tried changing the image to something else.  Image is 1KB JPG file.

I didn't know that Test Stand 2014 is not supported on Windows 10.  That sounds like a good enough reason to force a software update across the testers to a more current version of Test Stand.  Not looking to spend a lot of time on an issue that may be caused by using something that isn't supported.  If you have some easy things to try that may fix this please share, but don't spend time digging more into this.

Thanks,

Gary

Thanks

Gary

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,652 Views)